Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Goods to you (“Contract”).
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Goods from our Site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Goods from our Site.
You should print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our Site is operated by MPM Products Limited (“we” “us” “our”) a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 04610825. Our registered office is at 2nd Floor, Trident 3, Trident Business Park, Styal Road, Manchester, M22 5XB.
2. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to discuss these Terms, your order or our Goods, please contact us using the details set out in our Contact Us page.
3. OUR GOODS
The images of the Goods on our Site are for illustrative purposes only.
4. YOUR CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THE CONTRACT
4.1 By placing an order for the Goods you confirm that:
4.1.1 you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
4.1.2 you are aged 18 or over.
4.2 It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to place an order. Anyone caught deliberately entering an incorrect or fictitious name or using a card that is known to be invalid to place an order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We may track every order placed on our Site to enable us, and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities, to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on or using our Site.
5. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
5.1 Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
5.2 After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. We may send you an email to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
188.8.131.52 the Goods are not available;
184.108.40.206 we cannot obtain authorisation of your payment;
220.127.116.11 you are not permitted to purchase the Goods in accordance with condition 4 above;
18.104.22.168 we are unable to meet your requested delivery date; or
22.214.171.124 there has been an error by us on the pricing or description of the Goods.
5.3 If we are unable to supply you with the Goods for any of the reasons listed above we will inform you of this and we will refund the price of the unavailable Goods in full within 3 to 5 working days.
6. CANCELLATION, REFUNDS AND RETURN
6.1If the Goods are faulty or mis-described, you may return such Goods and request a refund or replacement Goods up to 30 days following the date on which the Goods are delivered to you.
6.2 If you have returned the Goods to us under condition 6.1 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will:
6.2.1 refund the price of the Goods in full, together with any applicable delivery charges; and
6.2.2 refund any reasonable costs you incur in returning the Goods to us.
6.3 Subject to condition 6.7, you may cancel the Contract and/or return any Goods, up to 14 days following the date on which we deliver the Goods to you. The 14 day period starts on the day after we deliver the Goods to you. If the 14th day is a weekend or public holiday then the last day of the cancellation period will be extended to the next working day.
6.4 Should you wish to cancel without incurring the return charges mentioned in condition 6.8.4 below, we recommend that you cancel prior to the Goods being selected for delivery by calling us on 0800 083 0599 within [3 hours] of placing your order. Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that your Goods will not have been selected for delivery within this time.
6.5 To cancel a Contract you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. Please call us on 0800 083 0599 or email us at [email protected]
6.6 We recommend that you use a recorded delivery method to return the Goods to us. All returns must be sent to: 2nd Floor, Trident 3, Trident Business Park, Styal Road, Manchester, M22 5XB. We will e-mail you to confirm that we have received your cancellation. You must return the Goods to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract.
6.7 Your rights under condition 6.3 do not apply in the case of:
6.7.1 perishable goods which are any Goods which have a “use by”, “best before” or “BBE” date which expires 6 weeks or less from the date of delivery; or
6.7.2 part used foods.
6.8 If you cancel your Contract in accordance with condition 6.3:
6.8.1 we will refund you the price you paid for the Goods. However, please note that you are obliged to return the Goods to us in the same condition as they arrived and we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the Goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount;
6.8.2 we will refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method); and
6.8.3 we will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
126.96.36.199if you have received the Goods: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Goods back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Goods back to us; or
188.8.131.52 if you have not received the Goods: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract; and
6.8.4 you will be responsible for the delivery charges incurred by you when returning the Goods.
6.9 We will refund you on the card that you used to pay for the returned Goods.
6.10 Bank processing times for refunds do vary, this is typically within 3-5 working days however this depends on your personal bank. We are not responsible for delays caused by your bank in processing refunds back into your account.
6.11 You have legal rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this condition 6 or anything else in these Terms.
7. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
7.1 We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated and which Terms were changed.
7.2 Every time you order Goods from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
7.3 If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Goods or just the Goods you have yet to receive.
8.1 Delivery is carried out by DPD courier service or other delivery services providers depending on which part of the United Kingdom you are based in. The cost of the delivery is £5.00 but will be free for orders that are over £50.00 (excluding VAT) up to a maximum weight of 30kg. Shipments charges for orders that weigh more than 30kg will be priced independently on receipt of order and will incur a delivery cost to be agreed with the customer before shipping.
8.2 All delivery timescales are estimated timescales only. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order. We will not be held liable for failed deliveries where an incorrect address is provided when placing an order.
8.3 We will normally send your order within 72 hours, with the exception of Goods ordered on a Friday. These Goods ordered on a Friday will be despatched within 72 hours from the next working day.
8.4 If you have contacted us to agree a reasonable delivery deadline and we miss the delivery deadline for any Goods then you may cancel your order straight away if any of the following apply:
8.4.1 we have refused to deliver the Goods (other than in accordance with condition 8.5);
8.4.2 delivery within a particular delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
8.4.3 you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
8.5 If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under condition 8.4, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your order if we do not meet the new deadline.
8.6 If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under condition 8.4 or condition 8.5, you can do so for just some of the Goods or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Goods have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Goods and their delivery.
8.7 We may request that someone signs for your delivery. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note to confirm our attempted delivery and to inform you of your options for redelivery or collection from a courier’s office.
8.8 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an event outside our reasonable control.
8.9 Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the Goods to the address you gave us and the Goods will be your responsibility from that time.
8.10 Ownership of the Goods will pass to you on successful delivery of the Goods.
8.11 We are only able to deliver Goods to mainland United Kingdom and Ireland.
9. PRICE OF GOODS AND DELIVERY CHARGES
9.1 The price of the Goods includes VAT (if applicable) at the current valid rate.
9.2 The prices of the Goods will be as quoted on our Site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Goods are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However, it is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Goods on our Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our despatch procedures so that:
9.2.1 where the Goods’ correct price is less than the price stated on our Site, we will charge the lower amount when despatching the Goods to you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Goods to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and
9.2.2 if the Goods’ correct price is higher than the price stated on our Site, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Goods at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
9.3 Prices for our Goods may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
9.4 The price of the Goods does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you throughout the checkout process, before you confirm your order.
10. HOW TO PAY
10.1 You can only pay for Goods using a Visa or MasterCard. Unfortunately, we do not accept other forms of payment.
10.2 Payment for the Goods and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will charge your card at the time you place your order.
10.3 All cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
10.4 We reserve the right to reject a payment or order that we feel is at risk or could be fraudulent. In this instance, the price will be refunded using the same payment method and you will be contacted and offered the opportunity to pay by another means or to cancel your order.
11. MANUFACTURER GUARANTEES
11.1 Some of the Goods which we sell to you come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the Goods.
11.2 A manufacturer’s guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
12. OUR WARRANTY FOR THE GOODS
12.1 For Goods within our range, we provide a warranty that on delivery and up until the “use by”, “best before” or “BBE” date stamped on each item, the Goods shall match their description and be of satisfactory quality. However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances described in condition 12.2.
12.2 The warranty in condition 12.1 does not apply to:
12.2.1 any defect in the Goods arising from wilful damage, abnormal storage or negligence by you or by any third party; or
12.2.2 any Goods in relation to which the “use by”, “best before” or “BBE” date has expired.
12.3 This warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Goods that are not of satisfactory quality or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
13. OUR LIABILITY
13.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we will be responsible for the price of the Goods and for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
13.2 We only supply the Goods to consumers for domestic and private use. If you are a consumer, you agree not to use the Goods for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13.3 All of the Goods are made with natural ingredients and are developed with your pets’ health in mind. We do not however develop products suitable for each individual pet’s needs and as such we will not be held liable for any issues caused by food allergies or intolerances suffered by your pets following consumption of the Goods.
13.4 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
13.4.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
13.4.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
13.4.3 any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
14. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
14.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you by posting on this Site if this happens.
14.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
14.3 This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
14.4 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
14.5 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
14.6 These Terms, together with our current prices and delivery details set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the Goods to you by us. Nothing said by any sales person on our behalf should be understood as a variation of these Terms or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by us. Save for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, we shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
14.7 These Terms are governed by English law and the parties agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive. You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 7 working days for a full refund. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 30 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault – for example, if goods are faulty or described incorrectly.
Any goods returned should be in saleable condition.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
If you are unhappy in anyway, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0800 083 0599 or via email [email protected] or you can write to us at
MPM Products Limited
a. Take and fulfil customer orders.
b. Administer and enhance the site and service.
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for order processing and goods delivery purposes. Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfil customer orders
b. Administer and enhance the site and service
c. Issue a unique identifier (e.g. customer login)
d. Monitor customer account status beyond that required for individual purchases
e. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
Applaws Cat October 2022 Charity Giveaway
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
The Promoter: MPM Products, 2nd Floor Trident 3, Trident Business Park, Styal Road, Manchester M22 5XB
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over.
- This competition excludes employees of MPM Products (the “Promoter”), their immediate families, its affiliated companies, distributors, agents or anyone else professionally connected to the Promotion.
- Internet access and a Facebook or Instagram account are required.
- Entries are limited to one per person, per day. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Facebook or Instagram accounts will be disqualified. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is re-posting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
- Max. one (1) prize per charity for the duration of the promotion.
Promotional Period is from 09:00 BST on 04/10/2022 until 23:59 BST on 11/10/2022
- The main promotional period is from 09:00 BST on 04/10/2022 until 23:59 BST on 11/10/2022
- Entrants are required
- Facebook : Nominate a charity of your choice in comments below and share this post with a friend
- Instagram : Nominate a charity of your choice in comments below and share this post with a friend
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Facebook or Instagram. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to any of the platforms.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook or Instagram community, or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use of Facebook or Instagram is subject to the terms and conditions.
- A participant’s entry will be deemed invalid if the post –
- contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- includes the names, images or statements of any individual without their express permission; or
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, causes any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community views or standards).
- By participating in the promotion, the entrants license and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 16 years) has parental or guardian consent.
- There are two prizes to be won in total, during the month of October 2022. The charity will each receive a bundle of Applaws wet cat food products.
- Flavors those winners will receive will be at the discretion of MPM Products and may include short dated stock. Where short date products are included in the prize MPM Products hereby warrants that these products are safe for consumption. There will be no choice of prize for the winners to pick from.
- There is no cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the prize unless otherwise agreed between the Promoter and winner. In the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at the Promoter’s discretion.
Winner Selection and Notification
- Winners will be selected at random throughout the promotional period. 1 x winner will be selected to receive prizes from entries made on Instagram and 1 x winner will be selected to receive prizes from entries made on Facebook. Selection of the winning entry is at the sole discretion of Promoter.
- Winners will be notified via comments or direct messages on the specific social platform within 14 days of the comment date and will be required to provide personal details of their chosen delivery address and contact number.
- If the winners do not reply within 7 days of initial contact, their prize will then be offered to a reserve winner.
- The prize will be sent out within 28 days of receipt of the winners chosen delivery address and contact number.
- The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entrants including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 7 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Facebook or Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook or Instagram.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- This promotion is subject to English Law and the entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
- The Promoter will only use the participant’s personal details supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose, unless the Promoter has the participant’s consent. Participants’ personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to the use of their personal data as described here.