At MPM Products Ltd we recognise threats posed by climate change to our business, planet, pets and to the livelihoods of the communities in which we operate.
This statement affirms MPM’s commitment in taking steps to reduce our environmental footprint by working closely with all its stakeholders to demonstrate its intention to address those issues through continual improvement and compliance to all relevant environmental legislation.
We have implemented an environmental management system (EMS) with the aim to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from our operations by reducing load, by improving the energy efficiency of lighting, power and heating and ventilation systems.
- Supporting the and evolution of the renewable energy across our offices.
- Develop efficient waste management and recycling procedures throughout our business.
- Screen new and existing suppliers mitigating as much negative environmental impact through our supply chain as possible.
- Promote a purchasing policy that will give preference, where practicable, to those products and services that cause the least harm to the environment.
- Promote environmental sustainability in the communities where we operate.
- Collaborate with appropriate external stakeholders to improve our understanding of environmental problems and their solutions.
- Drive awareness of environmental consequences within MPM.
In addition, MPM is a member of the Pet Sustainability Coalition (PSC) which is dedicated to creating a more sustainable pet industry. MPM will review it’s EMS policy annually and engage all stakeholders, to encourage them to mitigate their exposure to climate change risk and align our targets with the lower carbon future envisaged in the Paris Agreement3.